Click on pictures to enlarge
and to Close scroll to bottom right and click close
The First Baptist Church originated in 1859 as the Williamstown Baptist Mission, meeting just outside of Slatington in a schoolhouse.
In 1891 the congregation moved to West Church Street, Slatington, but after a few years outgrew the facility (which is now a house).
1899 the congregation acquired the present tract of land where our edifice stands tall and attractive for Our Lord and our community.
It was on Sunday, June 3rd,1900 that the first public worship services were held in our church building, Welsh preaching in the morning and English preaching in the evening.